I always have a pile of books next to my bed (sometimes piles around the house!). I don’t know about you, but I just like the feel of a paper book and not a kindle version. It means my luggage is heavier when I travel with a book or two, but I can cope with that! Here are some goodies to get 2019 started!
- Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking by Susan Cain is made for people like me! I know you may not believe I am truly an introvert at heart (but I really am) – Celina Tonkin and I have even written a book about how introverts can use tapping (EFT for Introverts). In Quiet, Susan Cain shows how the brain chemistry of introverts and extroverts differs, and how society misunderstands and undervalues introverts. She gives introverts the tools to better understand themselves and take full advantage of their strengths. It is a GREAT read! Read this first then read our book on how to use tapping as an introvert to embrace your strengths and decrease your anxiety.
- Ask my girls and they will tell you I am VERY strict about the importance of sleep. The Sleep Revolution : Transforming Your Life, One Night at a Time by Arianna Huffington is such a practical guide to quality sleep, and eye opening about the issues people have, that every teen should have this on the book list at school! Read it this month and set up the year with great habits.
- Thank & Grow Rich : A 30-Day Experiment in Shameless Gratitude and Unabashed Joy by Pam Grout is another Hay House favourite of mine. Pam wrote the very funny and highly practical E-Squared : Nine Do-It-Yourself Energy Experiments That Prove Your Thoughts Create Your Reality and E-Cubed: Nine More Energy Experiments That Prove ManifestingMagic And Miracles Is Your Full-Time Gig (both of which are so worth the read- you get to do all these cool experiments!). Thank and Grow Rich though is more about observing the world from a place of gratitude, using our attention to spot beauty, to focus on possibility. Pam says “Ever wonder why your thoughts easily create up-front parking spaces but don’t always produce the fat wad of cash or the hot guy? Could it be you’re on a different frequency?” Get this book going for the start of the year and report back in December!
- How Your Mind Can Heal Your Body has its 10th-Anniversary Edition out now! Dr David Hamilton (my favourite Scottish placebo scientist) has updated the original book out 10 years ago to include MORE on the effect of visualisation, belief and positive thinking on the body. David shows how using our imagination and mental processes can stimulate our own defences and healing systems to combat disease, pain and illness. In another post I reviewed the CD of one of the visualisation techniques from this book – read here.
- Zero Limits: The Secret Hawaiian System for Wealth, Health, Peace, and More by Joe Vitale (featured in The Secret) was gifted to me by one of my lovely sisters. It is the story (and technique) of Dr. Ihaleakala Hew Len who cured every patient in the criminally insane ward of a Hawaii`i State Hospital — without ever seeing a single patient. Now this may seem a little “insane,” so you are going to have to read this! The book outlines the legendary Hawaiian healing and cleansing method of Ho’oponopono. I loved the book and practice the technique regularly (you would never know!). A graduate of mine does the same and we tell each other amazing stories as a result!
That’s all for now – more on recommendations on EFT /inspirational books in other posts, and specific topic areas.
Please note I do recommend Book Depository for books as I love that they have free postage worldwide. I am also an affiliate for them given the amount of books I purchase! Of course you are welcome to shop at your local store or favourite site online!